Ok, I'm a bit confused and not sure where to start.

This is what I'm trying to achieve.  I'd like to
replace portal login form with CForm (using actions,
not flow), to use its validation.  So the most
interesting use case is:

1. User does not enter username/password
2. The form is re-displayed with error messages
3. User enters correct username/password
4. The form calls do-login url, which then redirects
to "portal" using authentication-fw.

Questions.

1. Initially I assumed that if I just configured the
coplet with handleParameters = true, CForms would have
access to request parameters.  Not true.  Does this
mean that handleParameters only works in conjunction
with html-event-link transformer?

2. I switched to using html-even-link trasformer
configuration.  Now could get through steps 1-3.
However, in step 4, calling do-login results in portal
being displayed *inside* my login coplet.  I've looked
at HTMLEventLinkTransformer code, and it makes
external = true/false distinction only for links, not
for forms.  At the same time, event if it did, I don't
see how it would work in my case anyway, since in step
2 I would need to have external=true and in step 4,
external= false for the same form?  Am I making sense
here at all?

Seems like I'm just missing some basic information,
but ATM completely lost :-)

-Alex