Antonio Gallardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asks:

> Hi:
>
> I need to accept I am lost in the component containers.
>
> Cocoon is migrating to a new container architecture. The
> question remaining in my mind is: How to develop components
> right now?

Good question, I was just wondering this myself yesterday.

<snip>some alternatives</>

> The things are even worse: some people suggest Web services
> as the right path, others said that Flow with Javascript is a
> nowhere path. Don't miss the pressure of EJB vs. lightweight
> containers, etc.

We've got an EJB container, but it really doesn't buy us anything.
There's little real reason for us to use EJB that can't be achieved some
other way.  I'd love to have a lightweight, low overhead, poolable DB
layer that we could migrate to.