Joerg Heinicke wrote:

On 07.06.2004 10:55, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

I updated the build process so that we can optionally include the java source files in jar archives.

Nice one. I only would like to see the sources separated from the binaries, so that I do not have to rebuild Cocoon just for releasing my projects.

Read my answer to Antonio: having separate files gives no guarantee that the sources you have in the source archive are the one that were actually used for the build. And when releasing projects, it is IMO safer to ship them with the sources if a non-release version is used.

This feature is enabled using the "build.archive-sources" property, e.g.
  "build -Dbuild.archive-sources=true webapp".

We should add it to build.properties (no preference on enabled or disabled ATM). I had a look to what category it fits at best. The "build" category is just about directories, the "Build Exclusions" category would probably the best, but there the properties are named in another style, "exclude.deprecated" for example.
Add it to that latter category and rename the property to e.g. "exclude.archive-sources"?

"exclude.archive-sources" is fine if you think it better fits the build property naming scheme. Or better "exclude.source-in-jars" which is a noun instead of a verb?

Sylvain