Hello all,

I have the similar problem (cocoon 2.1.5).

I deployed cocoon app as JSR 168 compatibile portlet into the pluto. As
testsuite.TestPortlet1 (in the web.xml
   <servlet>
        <servlet-name>TestPortlet1</servlet-name>
        <display-name>TestPortlet1 Wrapper</display-name>
        <description>Automated generated Portlet Wrapper</description>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>portlet-guid</param-name>
            <param-value>testsuite.TestPortlet1</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>portlet-class</param-name>

<!--param-value>org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.portlet.TestPortlet</param-value
-->
<!---------------------------------------------------------->

<param-value>org.apache.cocoon.portlet.CocoonPortlet</param-value>
<!---------------------------------------------------------->
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>default-encoding</param-name>

<!--param-value>org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.portlet.TestPortlet</param-value
-->
            <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>

        </init-param>
    </servlet>

There is output form cocoon app in the pluto container's portlet and
testsuite.TestPortlet2 also works.
-> everything is OK till now.

When I delete pluto dir from tomcat's webapps dir, and copy cocoon webapp
dir (with deleted pluto*.jar and portlet-api*.jar) I log-in into the cocoon
portal engine as guest guest. In the JSR 168 there are 3 coplets :
Portlet-Test : The coplet TestPortlet-1 is currently not available.

Test Portlet #1:

Test Portlet #2:

The last two do not have any text output. When I set break points into the
org.apache.cocoon.portlet.CocoonPortlet and debug cocoon, I did not get into
the CocoonPortlet.
Portlet-Test is possibly not working because no webapp.TestPortlet1 is
specified. But why Test Portlet #1, Test Portlet #2, which are
testsuite.TestPortlet1, testsuite.TestPortlet2 - same as in the testsuite of
the pluto, do not work?
And how can I get them into work?

Thank you in advance for answer.

Regards Martin