Hi all,

Re-reading the ASL 2.0 and looking at our NOTICE.txt, I don't think its content is appropriate, considering that this file is the attribution notice that must be included in every derivative work.

With ASL 1.1 the only attribution needed was "This product includes software developed by The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/)". We now have two additional paragraphs that were previously in the license header but weren't part of the attribution notice.

Do we want to keep these two additional paragraphs? Stefano, do you want to have your name in each and every derivative work?

I checked randomly some other ASF project's NOTICE.txt files, and all of them contain the simple ASF attribution [1], eventually accompanied with attribution notices of included third-party libraries (e.g [2]).

WDYT?

Sylvain

[1] http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-log4j/NOTICE.txt?rev=1.1&view=auto
[2] http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/james-server/NOTICE.txt?rev=1.1&view=auto