Hi all,

Some time ago, we discussed the need to keep sources somewhere in Cocoon for third-party jars produced from CVS snapshots. The purpose is to be able to easily find the source files for these jars, in order to be able to know what we use and eventually track bugs.

It must be clear that this vote is about *snapshots only*, i.e. non-released version. For released versions, the sources are available by downloading the corresponding distro. Also, our policy is to use released third-party libraries when building Cocoon releases. So this vote is mainly about development snapshot of 3rd-party libraries used to build development snapshots of Cocoon.

There are 3 possible policies:
1/ do not keep sources. The build date that's present in the jar name gives us enough precision to get the corresponding sources, even if some files may have changed within a 24 hour period.
2/ keep sources as a separate zip file. This allows to distribute binary-only jars, and we can dig the Cocoon CVS to get the corresponding sources when needed.
3/ include the sources inside the jar. This makes the jar size bigger but ensures immediate availability of source files.

Please cast your votes:
[ ] do not keep sources
[ ] keep sources as separate zip files
[ ] keep sources in jar files