That's the problem. With snapshots you cannot reliably do that. You can
only reliably get the matching source if the repository was tagged at the
time it was extracted.  Furthermore, I have had difficulty in the past
finding and getting access to source repositories. Some projects seem to
move around.

However, as long as Cocoon doesn't ship releases with snapshots this isn't
as important to me as I will only be deploying from formal Cocoon
releases.

Ralph