On 1 Aug 2004, at 14:20, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

In order to summarize:

- whiteboard
The whiteboard can contain revelutionary stuff like Butterfly or other
one-man-shows. They needn't be based on the current codebase - they
only have to have some relationship to Cocoon.
Evolving from whiteboard needs a vote.

+1
expanding: one man shows, proposals, stuff not tied to cocoon directly but we might want to track down their development anyhow, anything which is not cocoon-prime and that doesn't fit in a block, for which the scratchpad block is used...

- branches
Branches are based either on previous minor releases (e.g. 2.1.x)
or they are future, evolutionary developments based on the codebase
that is available at the time of branching. Branches are supported
by the community and fixes go into all branches that activly developed.

+1

- scratchpad (block)
  Small contributions that don't require a new branch and you want
  to indicate that this is not supported by the community at the
  time of committing it. Examples are new components.
  They still need a vote to be moved into a stable block or into
  Cocoon core.

+1
well said that we need a vote to move somehting out of scratchpad into a stable block, as from an unstable to a stable one.

Does this make +3 overall from me? :-P

Pier