Leszek Gawron wrote:

> If I follow what you propose my model would have to covert every
> wikified string property even if view does not need it. This

No ... only that it should be ABLE to convert the property to a DOM whenever the view
DOES need it. If your view never requests it then the conversion would never take
place. e.g. http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/users-guide.html#Containers

> Second thing is that my wiki parser (radeox) does not provide any
> intermediate xml format that should be converted to xml. It exposes
> simple html tags that I can style with CSS stylesheets. It's
> enought for me.

Fair enough. Simple HTML tags are probably a good model of a Wiki document.

> The line between model and view is drawn considering:
<snip/>
> - the domain of projects you implement. Looks like your
> experience comes
> more from publishing/authoring projects rather web applications that
> expose a lot of dynamic views and big data model underneath. A data
> model for me is not DOM, not documents, these are POJO
> entities mapped
> from database relations.

Well ... I have experience with database web-apps as well as publishing apps, and I
think you're mistaken about these Wiki-text properties - I think they really ARE
documents. Your database actually includes (small) documents as well as more primitive
data types. Look at it this way, and it makes sense for your model to expose these
documents as DOMs (but you don't need to persist the DOMs in Hibernate - they can be
computed (parsed from Wiki-text) whenever the JXT accesses them).

Cheers

Con