Hi all,

Three days ago, I posted an email [1] with a small change request in
custom binding. There is IMO a small problem when trying to bind a value
on a bean that is null (ie. the value is null before saving it in a
binding). The following line in CustomJXPathBinding.java:68 throws an
exception:
JXPathContext context =
jxpc.getRelativeContext(jxpc.getPointer(this.xpath));

This is because the property in the bean is null. My proposal was to
pass the original context (ie. jxpc) along with the xpath string to the
custom binding. This gives more flexibility, e.g. for me, I let users
select a key on a form, then I want to use the binding to find some
persistent object using the key (and setting that object inside the
bean).

Secondly, I proposed to pass the service manager from the
CustomJXPathBindingBuilder's assistant to the custom bindigs.

Would this be a good change? Or do I need to implement my own binding,
to realize my requirements?

I (think) can do the changes myself, I already looked at it.

Bart.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg20645.html