On Sep 8, 2004, at 9:44 AM, ÄURDINA Michal wrote:
I created ear file with about 6 war files. All war files are cocoon web applications and thus have same WEB-INF/lib directories. The ear file has apx. 100MB due to duplicity of libraries in WEB-INF/lib's. It seems reasonable to me to pull up those duplicit libraries at ear level and share them among web applications.

But I'm stuck with the use of static ThreadLocal class fields in some cocoon classes.

I do this without any ill effects..

If the static's weren't ThreadLocals, there would be a problem.. But since they are ThreadLocals, each webapp is still isolated, because you'll only have one thread-per-request at a time.
-pete