I had this exact same problem with Javaflow. The problem is that even though you excluded the samples, the build still tries to compile the sample source. I submitted a patch that fixes that (for all blocks). I believe it was applied to BRANCH_2_1_X, so you might try the latest from SVN. Also, the dependency documentation should be changed to itemize the block dependency vs. sample dependency. I believe Javaflow is actually only dependent on the core.

Ralph