Sylvain Wallez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asks:

<snip>discussion on hidden etc.</snip>

> >I also think we can find a better names:
> >
> >formInclusion --> show, render, presentation, view, [fill a
> new name]
> >notIncluded -->  Excluded validation --> validate
> >

> Ok, maybe the "phantom" state isn't a good idea after all.
> But I still
> consider that "hidden" is a view concern since it has no
> impact on the
> request processing.
>
> Now I have a problem with separating state and validation:
> what does it
> mean if an active widget has validate="false". Does it mean that we
> allow the user to validate a form where she has input invalid data?
> Doesn't seem good to me...

It means simply that you don't perform validation on any input from that
widget, the user is free to put what ever data they want into it.  In
our system we default to requiring validation but allow the analysts to
mark a field as not requiring any validation.  They sometimes do this
for comment fields or optional pick lists.