Il giorno 12/ott/04, alle 14:33, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:

set correct commons-validator-1.1.3.jar path (did the guy who's on stage now mess up? ;-)

You bet! But the error slipped by because I had to disable jars validation because of another library that had broken it just a few minutes before ;-)

Anyway, while we're at it, some people *rightfully* pointed out that I shouldn't have added just another dependency only to validate email addresses in CForms. Well, for one thing, at least email addresses validate correctly now, which wasn't the case before. Besides, Commons-validator might be useful elsewhere and it's just 84k. And I was so nice as to write a handful of testcases for it, so should Validator break in a future release, we could be able to catch it early.

On the other hand, I do share those guys' concern over dependencies, so I'd like to ask for the developers' opinions before deciding whether to keep or to remove it. As I see it, we have two options:

1. [ ] Rip the necessary code from Commons validator and drop it into the email validation rule of CForms (shouldn't be more than a few lines of code, hopefully).
2. [ ] Keep it on the assumption that we will use it for something else.
3. [ ] Anything else?

Please cast your votes or at least tell me what you think.

        Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/