JD Daniels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> hmmm....
>
> I have been rolling this around in my head for the last few
> days. Here
> is some of my thoughts:
>
> 1.) Separation of concerns.. I am not sure that a cocoon component
> really needs to built... what is wrong with having an app with two
> contexts? ie:
>                          http://domain/laszlo/app1
> which would get datsets etc from:
>                          http://domain/cocoon/somepipline(s)
> although I am of course noticing there is quite a bit of jar
> duplication
> between the two.

You're missing the point: I don't want a single app, I want many apps
all generated on an as needed basis.  It's not "app1" but "appN" where N
varies from 1 to 2000 and I need 2000 different laszlo lzx files that
can change on a minute by minute basis.

> 2.) CForms.. I have just gotten a grip on, and subsequently
> addicted to,
> cforms and flow with POJOs. Can the laszlo form objects be bound to
> widgets? ( I could just be dumb in this regard... insight is
> appreciated) Looks to me that to use cforms, we would have have to
> generate the app for each request.. to create repeaters and such.

I've been wondering about this a bit myself.  You'd likely need to have
a deeper understanding within the Laszlo components themselves as to
what a repeater or dynamic sections looks like.  These new components
would essentially duplicate some of the logic of the current back end,
binding would be in effect a concern of the Laszlo components in some
cases.

> I am not against anything at all... I am really weak on cocoon
> internals, but I am very excited by the idea of laszlo apps :)

:) indeed

<snip>repeat of the above first point</snip>