Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Even if I'm more inline with Stefano's way of seeing things and have a
> natural tendency of letting things self-organizing, I also agree that
> having clear rules may ease our job, and fostering work on them is part
> of my PMC chair job.

It is the job of the whole PMC. The Board resolution
the created the project, set that as one of the tasks.

> I looked at Forrest [1] and Excalibur [2] bylaws
> and I like their way of being minimal yet sufficient by pointing where
> relevant to the foundation's documents.

At Forrest, our bylaws are still in draft stage
and being worked out on our dev mailing list.

We looked around all the projects and then based
ours on Apache Ant, which seems to have consolidated
stuff from other projects. We then refined ours.

I just corrected your URL for our draft doc.
We restructured our SVN yesterday.
[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/forrestcore/src/documentation/content/xdocs/bylaws.xml

--David