Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
Le 1 nov. 04, à 19:28, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :

...I would wait with switching to the new flowscript implementation until the release of 2.1.6 Then we have a few months to test it in branch and trunk and if everything goes well I would deprecate the old one and rename it to "javascript-legacy" and the new impl should be the default language

In 2.2 I would remove the old implementation completly...

+1, there's no hurry I think, better switch after the release to test the new implementation a bit more.

Except maybe using "javascript-2.1.6" instead of "javascript-legacy", in order to avoid "javascript-legacy-square" if there is another such move down the road ;-)

Thank you guys.

I'm going to replace the old implementation by the new one in trunk. In branch I will wait for the new release and rename the old language "javascript-2.1.6" which indicates that this is the former implementation. The new implementation will be called "javascript". This way most of our users will switch to the new implementation without noticing it. If they have problems they can either rewrite their catch() statements or change the language to "javascript-2.1.6".

--
Reinhard