Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

Karim,

I was thinking that one possible way to do this, could be that you compile a list, based on the cross-correlation between the CVS logs (too granular) and the changes.xml file (eventually still too granular) and then we filter it out here.

That is my plan any way. To match changes.xml to cvs/svn logs. This is the "dirty work!"

The reason for this is that, honestly, I don't remember *when* something was added :-) so indicating a period of time is rather hard for us to correlate with specific features (several blocks were added, for example, but don't remember which ones).

Actually I don't so much need timing (hope I did not imply that in my email) - rather just a general sense of "features" above just the very granular changes file. So for instance - if people were to ask you why should I use Cocoon 2.1? You might say......it can do blah blah blah - which is cool.

I wanted a general sense of features in Cocoon 2.1 as an anchoring point. If
the community feels that this is not do able - I certainly understand and would
be happy to show my matching of cvs to changes file.

Seriously, I think asking for a list of features correlated with time yields a "bah, can't remember" answer, while a list of things to look at might allow us to say "oh yeah, that one".

will do - last call for nominations for features :)

WDYT?

I am on board and happy to work with the community on it.

--
Karim R. Lakhani
MIT Sloan | The Boston Consulting Group