Il giorno 20/nov/04, alle 18:45, Vadim Gritsenko ha scritto:

Ugo Cei wrote:
Then go for it! I hate those warnings and was planning to remove some of them myself, like unread local variables or declared exceptions that are never thrown.

There is a caveat: if you remove declared but not thrown exception, you'll break all classes which use this method.

Yes, that is a possibly incompatible change, if the method is called from "outside" Cocoon. One more reason to have a formal distinction between public and internal classes.

A bigger problem is derived classes overriding methods from which "throws" clauses were removed. One more reason to avoid checked exceptions ;-)

I'd like to go over these cases one by one and start by fixing some of them in trunk, if it looks safe to do so. Then, if someone complains, we can always revert the change.

        Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/