Quote Leszek Gawron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Jorg Heymans wrote:
> >> Have you tried using Castor ?
> >

> > You mean replace the XMLBeans implementation with a castor based one? I
> > don't see how this would solve my initial problem though, is there some
> > castor specific functionality you had in mind? (i've never used Castor)
> Me too but my understanding is that Castor is able to map any bean to
> XML (based on a mapping configuration file).

There's a castor transformer in the scratchpad. What it does is either
marshalling a bean to an xml-fragment in your pipeline, or unmarshalling by
taking sax-events and creating a bean from that. I only needed the unmarshalling
part, and it was really buggy, but I suspect that's because only the marshalling
was tested. Don't know for sure though, it's scratchpad after all ;). The
mapping file is reasonably simple, and it should also work without a mapping,
especially for marshalling.

I don't know zip about XMLBeans. From the name I would assume it is possible to
use the custom transformer approach the way CastorTransformer does.

Rogier