Dear All

I just migrated our projects to 2.1.6 and found that they were severely affected by this new behaviour as all our generated XHTML has escaped tabs, quotes etc. Thus I'd (I think we all do) appreciate clarity on what the correct (and expected) behaviour of the serialisation is.

In the meantime (since I wouldn't want to miss all the new, nice changes in 2.1.6) I found an almost workaround (have tried only with the XHTML serialiser) which requires only minor changes to the XSLs:

<map:serializer mime-type="text/html" name="xhtml" src="org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.XHTMLSerializer">
<doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd</doctype-system>
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</map:serializer>

The only caveat is that in javascripts quotes are still escaped, which can be taken care of however by enclosing them with <xsl:comment>.

I hope I'm not too much off-topic
Regards
G.