Christian Stocker wrote:

As I mentioned before (to one of stefano's posts), we did something similar, but with the TAL syntax. We convert that to XSLT with XSLT and then do the actual transformation with XSLT. It's the same idea as yours. I like the approach, even though it's not complete yet (our implementation) and we could certainly add some of your ideas.

Here's the XSLT

http://svn.bitflux.ch/repos/public/popoon/trunk/components/transformers/xsltal/tal2xslt.xsl

and here's simplel template
http://svn.bitflux.ch/repos/public/bxcmsdemo/themes/bxcms/template.tal

I don't say, our approach is better than yours, I didn't build an opinion on that. But maybe we could join efforts in it. As it's a pure XSLT implementation, the programming language behind doesn't really matter.

and to take this one step further, what would it take to make these templates editable in BXE? being able to make layout changes inside the lenya GUI, say, would rock.

-gregor