Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

<snip/>

In a next step the cache object should be factored out from the ExecutionContext and replaced by some kind of script manager, so that we can have the code that compiles and caches the scripts at one place.

I am on it if you haven't already started it.

Nice! No I tried to commit the things that I have been working on dirrectly to decrease the risk of collisions with your work. Don't know if that succeded, at least I was first ;)

My focus is to continue working on factoring out the tag code from the parser and invoker to the tag classes. I want them to become completely independent of JXTG specific stuff.

If you have any possiblity to add test cases for the tags I would appriciate that very much.
Ok. I'll get into that.

Concerning the strange difference between cocoon.request and request I have some slight remembrance that it has been discussed on the list and that it was deliberate. But I don't remember the reason and I have not been able to find the relevant posts.
There are two things whiche are not consistent:
- request vs. cocoon.request. The latter does not work if you do not
  have a flowscript controller up front.
- parameters vs. cocoon.parameters. First one is visible as Parameters,
  second one as Properties. so:
  ${parameters.param1} does not work !{cocoon.parameters.param1} does.
  ${parameters.getParameter('param1', 'default') is a proper syntax for
   passing a default value
  ${cocoon.parameters.getProperty('param1', 'default'} should do the
   same for cocoon.parameters.

I haven't checked yet if there are issues with session.

As the use of request etc without cocoon prefix is deprecated, I don't think there is any reasons to support it in our template work that probably is directed to 2.2. So if no one protest I think we should
Is it? As the cocoon.request does not work in all cases this is hard to believe this decision has been made.

--
Leszek Gawron                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]