On Jan 6, 2005, at 9:46 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Hmm, I'm a little bit lost in this thread :(

The easiest thing of course would be to just leave everything as it is and move to a different subject. But using a logging framework that noone else uses just feels not right for me.

Has anyone a clue on how to procede?

* Cocoon currently uses the Avalon Framework logger abstraction
* Cocoon currently uses Logkit as the default underlying logging implementation

(1) Developers wish to continue to use a logging abstraction within Cocoon
(2) Developers wish to move away from Logkit as the default underlying logging implementation

Choices for (1) are:
 * status-quo (Avalon Framework logging abstraction)
 * UGLI
 * commons-logging

Choices for (2) are:
 * JDK 1.4 Logging
 * log4j
 * status-quo (logkit)

I believe the main push might be for #2, so that users can configure a logging system they are familiar with. The choice of #1 shouldn't matter to most users.

-pete