On Jan 10, 2005, at 9:32 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Torsten Curdt wrote:
So it seems, flow replaces components? If createNewAccount() gathers sends pages, collects information, creates an Account, etc. then why not just use cocoon.sendPageAndWait?

because this is done in the called block, not by the callee.

Yes, and when sendPageAndWait returns the calling blocks flow continues with a new account accessible from the session. Maybe we need a new method such as callFunction.
sorry, guys ...you've lost me here.
I don't get the problem.

Do you refer to the paragraph above or the complete discussion? (I don't understand what Glen is talking about either.)

LOL. Basicly, you just need to have the foreign flowscript do its job. Results can either be returned directly or placed in the Session. It shouldn't be that big a deal.

I think Daniel's explanation makes sense - only needs somebody who has time to try it out ;-)

Btw: while working on the javaflow
stuff I felt a very strong urge to
refactor the sitemap-flow interface.
(see the JavaInterpreter in the
javaflow block. I've put a revisit
into the callFunction method)

I see ... If you come up with a better interface we could take the chance that 2.2 isn't out now and deprecate the old syntax in 2.2.

--
Reinhard

Glen Ezkovich HardBop Consulting glen at hard-bop.com http://www.hard-bop.com

A Proverb for Paranoids:
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
- Thomas Pynchon Gravity's Rainbow