Matthew Langham wrote:
However I also see a problem in having additional "channels" in _any_ other
language because it would essentially mean that people would probably only
post to their native list (which again is understandable). But this would
eventually reduce the common discussion on the main list.

I think that if a person knows English well enough, he would still post in English, because he knows that on that list he will find more help and developers. This is just about giving an extra chance to people that would not participate in English, still to participate.

Moreover it's an experiment, nothing is set in stone, let's see how it works out and then decide. Community refactoring :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -