coincidence: was on the exact same path yesterday :-)
(but about the related mail.jar)

however I also noticed something to be warned about:
I noticed the mock InternetAddress constructor forgets about declaring to throw an AddressException (maybe others, maybe equal issues at other locations )

I noticed while recompiling against the non-mock and getting some compiler errors

what I'm worried about though is that people developing/compiling against the mocks will get into unpleasant deployment issues having no catch/declare statements for those if their code only meets the real classes in the deploy environment.

kind regards,
-mac=

Ralph Goers wrote:
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

we are currently getting ParanoidCocoonServlet to work with unexploded WARs (in order to deploy javaflow on BEA Weblogic). this requires replacing the getRealPath() calls with getResourcePaths().

unfortunately, that method is only available in servlet 2.3, and cocoon still ships with 2.2 in lib/core (and 2.3 in lib/optional)

is it planned to move to servlet 2.3?

the presence of the 2.3 lib and the 2.3 doctype in web.xml seem to indicate it. compiling with servlet 2.3 didn't cause problems for me, and any reasonably recent servlet container already runs cocoon under 2.3 anyway.

For compatibility, Cocoon 2.1.x will remain at JDK 1.3 and Servlet 2.2.
Cocoon 2.2 will use JDK 1.4 and Servlet 2.3.

HTH
Ralph

-- Marc Portier http://outerthought.org/ Outerthought - Open Source, Java & XML Competence Support Center Read my weblog at http://blogs.cocoondev.org/mpo/ [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]