Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

So the question is, should we focus on making the FOM the main way of accessing things in Cocoon or should we focus on IMs.

Carsten's suggestion IIUC is to focus on the FOM, something that I agree completely with.

I agree with this too.

If we do that we should have some kind of expression
module that could replace all other IMs and that could be used like:

{ex:$cocoon/request/foo}

etc. By doing that people only have to learn FOM and can use that everywhere. If we go this way we must see what IMs that do things that not are part of FOM and maybe find a way to make them pluggable in FOM.

hmmm, than we could have something like

{$defaults/skin}
{$language/locale}

And as you can see, I think we can skip the input module name, if all objects are part of the plugable object model.

The other alternative is to make IMs available in flow and JXTG.

The like the idea of a plubable object model much more.

In any case we should be able to use everything that is usable from IMs in flow and JXTG as well, so we should do something about it.

-- Reinhard