Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

For this reason, I propose that we discontinue the distribution of Linotype inside cocoon as a block, by deprecating it in the next 2.1.x release and by removing it alltogether in 2.2

Of course, the project will remain an open development project and I will welcome people to try it out and participate in its development.

The Linotype 2.0 will feature easy configurability and skinning support, things that will make it more appealing for other users that don't want their blog to look just like mine.

Anyway, what do you think?

Well, since I've never looked at the block I guess I don't have a problem with this. Since you are saying you will provide an alternative site for an improved version and since the old version will still be available, albeit deprecated, I think this is reasonable.

+0 (OK by me, but don't have the bandwidth to help).

Ralph