Sylvain Wallez wrote:
No, please not - with 2.2 we have the official include feature and imho this is sufficient for this.

Yeah, but technically speaking, this makes absolutely no difference, as <include> does nothing but expanding the contents of an xconf within <map:components>

Yes, I know - so following your road we could just skip the whole cocoon.xconf and put it in the root sitemap :)
Components are not used directly in the sitemap (except sitemap components), so we shouldn't start defining them in the sitemap. Of course this is a little bit different with input modules which just has historical reasons that they're in the xconf.
I think it's better to move everything out of the sitemap into xconf files that *belong* to the sitemap than the opposite.

Carsten