> > Really, the only way we're going to do this is to maintain (a) a
> > 'global' project documentation, and the rest of the documentation
> > alongside the relevant version of Cocoon. So, we'll have 2.1
> > documentation like we do now, and at some point we'll have 2.2
> > documentation as well. Documentation should relate to that specific
> > version.
>
> with only some notes about things that have changed compared
> to the previous version

Fine by me.

> > Just go for 1.6. AFAIK there is no reason why people can't
> upgrade, it
> > isn't exactly expensive!

:-) I'll note somewhere that the script assumes Ant 1.6.

> I've put it for now into SVN. It was also a good testdrive
> for my custom pipelines :-)

> It's in SVN now

Ok, I'll see if I can check it out and update it through patches.

> >> * Before starting on the XPatchUsage (which is referred to in this
> >> doc): is
> >> it still useful? I.e. is there a big change in 2.2 that makes this
> >> useless?
> >
> > Well, we can now include xconf snippets into our sitemaps,
> so maybe we
> > can work around some usage of xpatch. But there may be
> others (web.xml,
> > etc) where it is still required.
> >
> > I also saw a doc someone posted on user list that looked
> like it could
> > make a useful brief "how to install" doc for Cocoon.
>
> The document is fine for Cocoon 2.1 but before we can mark it as
> stable/finished, it has to use the new include features.
> About the xpatch,
> generally I agree with Upayavira but I would propose to have
> a project specific
> web.xml and simply copy it over the version that comes with Cocoon.

Ok, I'm lost here. What's this document Upayavira talks about? Is it for
"how to install Cocoon on you hard disk"? Or is it something I should
incorporate in "my" document?

What about the XPatchUsage? Should I rewrite the Wiki page or not?

> BTW, I plan to publish an Ant script, that supports the use
> of Cocoon 2.2 as
> base for a custom project. Helma, if you're interested in it,
> let me know!

Well, of course! :-) I haven't yet looked at Cocoon 2.2 other than trying to
get the trunk from SVN, but from what I've seen on the list there are many
things changed.
I'm not going to try and use it (I do need to finish my own project first
with 2.1.7), but I'll try to figure out from your script and the one added
to the current document where the changes are and document that.

--
Bye, Helma