Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

I really think that having one log channel with one log configuration file and one log level would be just fine. People might decide to tune it later, if they need and don't use the 'tail|grep' filtering tecnique (or log4j chainsaw kindatools, which work the same way)

I mostly agree - I usually use two log files: one for the core and one for the portal block. Now with the include mechanism we have in 2.2, adding an own category is just dropping a file into the directory, so yes, just defining one category per default looks good to me.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/