Ralph Goers wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

It would make me uneasy too if we did it now. But if the infrastructure (solid contracts between a block and core + an easy to use deployment tool) it should be the goal to have independant blocks with their own release cycles.

But I thought the proposal is to move blocks now?

Moving now, but use svn:external (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s03.html) to include them at the place where they are now.
When the new build system is in place, we can _think_ about cutting this link.

Independant release cycles of blocks are another story and need much more work. Maybe 2.3 will bring them.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independant Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc