Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

I have not tested yet what happens with local changes after the block is "mounted" using svn:external. Any experiences?

I've been using svn:external for including the documentation in the simile.mit.edu web site (which is managed in SVN) importing the /docs that come from the various projects (so no code) but I have no found a problem yet with this approach.

good too hear

The only problem is that 'svn status' might not show you changed done in the imported blocks, you have to 'cd' into the block directory and do 'svn status' there.

[but there might be a switch somewhere in turn that behavior off... that havn't bugged me enough to be concerned about it]

The (possible) problem that I'm thinking of is if people haven't updated their working copies yes and have some local changes. I don't know what's happening if they do "svn update". I guess they have to manually save their changes, to "svn update" and copy the changes back.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independant Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc