On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:16:23 +0100, Sylvain Wallez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip />
> This is actually similar to ServletRequest.getParameterMap() in servlet
> 2.4 which we do not have on our Request interface. But we should not
> introduce special wrappers for Map as proposed recently by the
> Struts-flow guy (need to make an answer and point him to this
> discussion) as we would just be moving the problem one level deeper:
> what would "map.size" mean if it contains a "size" entry?

As I see it, there are two ways to solve this problem:

1. Use ordering ie function, property so function calls are used first
(or vice versa)
2. Use a special function prefix to ensure functions are called.  In
my implementation, I have an optional "fn_" which can be used to
ensure you are calling a function and it cannot be overridden.  Any
prefix should, of course, be able to be turned off or changed.

That said, this is not an issue for the wrapper around List.  I wrote
a framework so you can add properties and methods to Java API's in a
generic way, and I use this to, among other things, add a "length"
property to any object that implements Collection to make it more
consistant with what one would expect to use with a JS array.  My
favorite use of extension functions is to add closure functions such
as File.eachLine(func).

Don