depub2 wrote:

David's notes: see below

Sylvain Wallez
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:07:07 -0800

Added. When including your patch, I had a quick look at Excel and found that the row insertion command adds rows _before_ the selected rows as you initially suggested. So I added it that way. I made a small change though by clearing the selection after executing the action.
If you'd like your name to be included for fame and posterity in Cocoon's release notes, please give us your full name as "David" is a bit unprecise.
I think it would be better to not clear the selections and here's why: if there is a need to insert, say 32 empty rows, it is much easier if the ones that are already checked remain checked; so the use case looks like, check 1, insert; check the new one (old one still checked), insert; check 2, insert; check 4, insert; check 8 (old 8 still checked), insert; done! It is very easy to have some very short client-side javascript/buttons that "uncheck-all" or "check-all" (we have it in our application), so the need to auto-uncheck is not really needed - and in fact for the above use-case, hindering.

Ok, it makes sense. I changed it and the selection is now left untouched.

<snip/>

Well actually, the readonly="readonly" works! Try it!!! And there are some cases where disabled="disabled" is problematic (binding/saving) and I think something else I can't remember right now (pulldown selections? calendar selections? - can't remember). (note {at-symbol} above must be translated to @ - seems that symbol is not allowed on the archives.)

Sorry, but I really don't know what you're talking about. Is this 'readonly' in the binding? If so, what's the relation with the styling XSLs??

Sylvain