Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:

oceatoon wrote:

<snip/>

Is this a difficult hack or have you done this ? I haven't really touched
any core generators (no need :-) but it's never to late

Thanks for the help

It shouldn't be that difficult to fix.

Should we track all namespace redefinitions?

Somewhat OT, but I really do't think we should do any work on the original JXTG. It's better to remove it and focus on the refactored one. Even if we not have finished the refactoring of the internal APIs, that's no reason for keeping the original one.

What's left to do for switching to the refactored one is to make the environment handling back compatible. The environment in the refactored is built above o.a.c.environment.TemplateObjectModelHelper while the original is built on o.a.c.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon. What needs to be done is basically to embed the Request object in the TemplateObjectModelHelper with a FOM_Request from FOM_Cocoon etc.

We should definately do something about the enviroment handling in general in Cocoon, with Acessors or something similar, but for the time being we should get rid of the original JXTG so no one feel tempted to start parallel development on it.
We could already do it in 2.2. I think there are so many samples out there that there will be not much work tracking the incompatibilities.

--
Leszek Gawron                                                 MobileBox
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              http://www.mobilebox.pl