Hi,

We had to set two HTTP headers explicitly to be able to download
anything (binary data) that couldn't be handled natively by IE. It was
indeed a problem with the cache. IE downloads the file, removes it and
then tries to open it (or some similair care). This is a known problem
in IE, but doesn't seem to be such a big problem to fix it...

I wrapped the cocoon servlet, and overwrite the headers. But maybe it's
better to do this in a filter. Here are the headers (I don't know which
and how you can change these headers; once they worked for me, I was
scared to change them ;)

Pragma: public
Cache-control: max-age=0

Hope this can help anyone!