Sylvain Wallez schrieb:
Marco Rolappe wrote:

Sylvain Wallez schrieb:

That's why I'm sending this poll to the whole user and developper community:
- do you or your company have Eclipse plugin development skills?

minimal. but it would be a good opportunity to enhance them ;-)

Sure, but starting an Eclipse IDE with only newbies isn't the easiest route :-)

probably not ;-) but AFAIR the concepts behind the plugin architecture are not that hard to grasp. I fiddled around with several plugins and also dug a little into sunbow and there have been no big problems along the way.

anyway, if there's going to be a sandbox I'll come there and play ;-)

Anyway all contributions would of course be very welcome!

- if some opensource project is setup to develop a Cocoon IDE, would you like to join and invest time and effort?

sure. I'm also thinking of tools not dependent on an IDE but usable from within Cocoon (via web frontend).

A good Cocoon IDE must have a runtime part to allow things like debugging, monitoring or profiling. This runtime part can be designed so that some features can be equally used with a GUI front-end in the IDE and a web front-end. This is something that must be considered right from the start.

a list for collecting ideas/use cases would be useful. maybe such a thing already lives somewhere in wiki land?

influenced by some mail archive posts, the first thing coming to my mind besides those you mentioned is a visual build (configuration) tool.

leEgg.breed();