Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

So I don't see this so much as an implementation question as a conceptual question. Are we considering the VPCs as sitemap components or something else, to me they look like sitemap components.

Conceptually, I think VPCs are components first and foremost. So they are responsible for parsing their own configuration.

Fact that it is being parsed now by outer TreeProcessor is a shortcut I took. If VPC creates own inner treeprocessing environment and appropriate node builder (PipelineNodeBuilder, probably), it will be completely independent of outer TreeProcessor.

Which can lead to weird things where you can have sitemap statements in cocoon.xconf or in an external file included in the sitemap's <map:components> section.

I really have mixed feelings about all this. Yes, VPCs are regular components, but do we want to allow sitemap code to slip out into so many files? Having a separate section forbids this.

Sylvain