On 17 Apr 2005, at 16:44, Ralph Goers wrote:
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

My vision is quite simple... How many _COMPONENT_ interfaces we need for Cocoon? Probably 3:

"Generator"
"Transformer"
"Serializer"

(well, you might have another 2 or 3 of them but do you see the point?)

Please take a look at the Portal and then explain how the above works for that. There are a heck of a lot more components that someone building a portal needs to configure besides these. Sitemap components are only uses in Cocoon Portlets. While each Portal request is fired off by the PortalGenerator, it invokes a lot of elements that are configured by whoever puts together the portal.

Reading through the portal (I'm no expert here), I can't really understand what ties the Portal (Pluto, and all that lot), with a Cocoon block... I think this is more in the ballpark of "components" rather than Cocoon blocks and pipeline services. But again, I might be wrong...

Someone care to explain????

        Pier