Well, I still have a little problem. Your solution works fine, as long
as I add submit widgets to the form definition. This works fine for many
case for me, but I still have a case where this isn't a solution.

I have a form, and on that form there are two date fields, and an update
action. Every time the user clicks on the update button, a query occurs
in the database and each result is presented as a hyperlink. Clicking on
that link will show all the details for that database record. I can't
make submit widgets for every record available, so the solution you
proposed won't work in this case.

Does this case make sense to add the two functions?

Thanks,
Bart.