Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

As Vadim pointed out in an earlier discussion this is done in Java faces: http://java.sun.com/j2ee/javaserverfaces/1.1_01/docs/api/javax/faces/context/ExternalContext.html

So what I propose is that we extend o.a.c.environment.Request with:

 Map getAttributes();
 Map getParameters();
 Map getHeaders();

o.a.c.environment.Session and o.a.c.environment.Context with:

 Map getAttributes();

possibly there are more. Java Faces use getRequestMap etc instead, but the plural "s" is closer to our current conventions.

Answering some questions on previous thread; here is complete implementation, including entrySet, iterators, etc:

org.apache.cocoon.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl

Great!

What about moving BaseMap, RequestHeaderMap, RequestMap, RequestParameterMap and SessionMap to o.a.c.environment or o.a.c.environment.impl in core? BTW why the Request[Header|Parameter]ValuesMap?

/Daniel