Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

On that point, I proposed to write a new implementation of the flowscript implementation. This is certainly not a total rewrite, but a refactoring of the existing code to have an overally consistent object model, and also introduce a "flow" object that would separate the flow-specific operations out of the "cocoon" object that should be the common base for the object model, and therefore be identical in all places (flow, templates, form event listeners, etc).

Would be nice!

Having thought a little bit more about it I think that we, for the moment, just should make JXTG compatible with flow and independent of it. I take care of that if not anyone else feel like doing it. Then we can discuss refactorings, deprecation of confusing behaviour etc. But we need to support the behaviour of JXTG from 2.1 in 2.2 even if we hopefully can deprecate some stuff.

Agree. IIRC, we also talked to have a new CTemplate generator, which could actually be the next-generation JXTG, working consistently with the refactored flow engine. Both being new components could concentrate on overall consistency without caring about backwards compatibility, whereas the existing classes whould have to ensure this compatibility.

Exactly! We had some discussion about what CForms should contain in http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=110942300500004&r=1&w=2. It should IMO also contain the converters that we discussed half a year ago http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109941988300003&r=1&w=2.

/Daniel