On 29.05.2005 10:10, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

I don't see why you consider it as pollution. Request attributes do exist, and their purpose is to provide temporary storage for the various things that participate in processing a request and are isolated either in space (different classes) or time (same class called several times -- our case here).

But the request lifecycle does not necessarily match the form processing lifecycle.

Would it not be possible to have just one buffering SelectionListHandler per source and request (or form) with an internal SAXBuffer?

What would this handler do? Associate a buffered selection-list content to a request? Then why not using request attributes?

This handler already exists: org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.DynamicSelectionList.SelectionListHandler. My idea was to use it also for buffering. The usage of it probably also has to be changed then in org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.DynamicSelectionList.generateSaxFragment(ContentHandler, Locale, Source).

Joerg