Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

Hi,

Since this version:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=164112&view=rev

I am getting a null pointer exception when runnig forrest:

       at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:177)
       at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:283)
       at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.initialize(CocoonWrapper.java:175)
       at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(CocoonBean.java:98)
       at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:320)

Can someone put some light on how to fix it?

You're using trunk? Great :) Now, the CLI is (obviously) not working
atm. The creation
of an environment (like cli, servlet etc) has been simplified (or
rewritten...) and only the servlet environment uses the new mechanism.
So the solution is to change the CocoonBean and let it use the new
CoreUtil class (like the servlet class already does).
So, the CocoonWrapper class should use the CoreUtil - this should reduce
the code there as well. Rewriting this is on my agenda for the next days.

Carsten

Any change of looking at this issue? Should I open a bug so we do not forget it?

Cheers,
cheche