Jeremy Quinn wrote:

On 22 Jun 2005, at 10:01, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Don't be! The issue with Safari is that its XMLHttpRequest doesn't seem to consider responses of length zero as valid, which Firefox and IE do.

The problem is that fixing this will require to add an additional ajax-specific pipeline in each cforms sitemap, which I would like to avoid.

http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=WebKit

Sure. Funny thing is that existing entries for WebKit are mostly about XHR!

I have seen other 'Ajax' type frameworks that allegedly work on Safari, so there must be some solution (?)

Yes, but they certainly don't use responses with zero-length content (i.e. just headers) which is what is used in CForms to indicate that interaction on the form is finished and that the full page should be reloaded. And that's this zero-length response that seem to have problems with Safari.

It is possible to circumvent this by always sending a response, but I'd like to avoid this as far as possible, as it would require an additional pipeline in the sitemap just for this purpose. That's why I want to investigate further this Safari problem before going to that unsatisfying solution.

Sylvain