On Jun 23, 2005, at 2:25 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

One thing I don't care so much for in v2 is the idiom of attaching view data as properties of the widget tree root. The minimalist approach (losing 'bizData') was clever, but in actual practice I find that I really like having one locus of transfer of data between the flowscript and the presentation, so I usually end up with something like this anyway:

    w.viewData =
        {
            schtuff:     foobar,
            etc:        otherStuff
        };
    form.showForm ('whatev');

Uh? Didn't knew about that, and looks hacky IMO.

Ex-hacktly! :-)

    BTW, why do you prefer v2 rather than v1?

Hey, this morning I remembered what started me down the v2 path, as I was replying to a guy on the users' list. It was that in v2, I can set someWidget.onValidate to a function that is nested inside the form controller flowscript function, where it can access that function's local variables. (Here's that mail: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon- users&m=111954841402175&w=2... I mention a way that might work in v1 that I hadn't thought of until today as I was composing that!)

cheers,
—ml—