From: Gianugo Rabellino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:29:03 +0200

On 7/14/05, Daniel Fagerstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't think it is a good idea to deprecate things that have been
> arround in Cocoon from the very beginning and is part of about every
> book, tutorial and article that have been written about Cocoon.

I can clearly see your point. Being DG so much part of core Cocoon,
it's tough stuff to handle. However, it's also very clear how much TG
is more flexible: if you consider that a guy like Michi, a Cocoon and
Lenya committer, was unaware of its existence, you'll realize how
we're doing a very bad job in promoting our stuff,

If it was included in the user docs (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/generators.html) then that might help more people become aware of it... I've noticed quite a few components which are included in the distribution but not mentioned in those docs. I find that surprising since they look like they are (or could be) generated directly from the sources.

By the way, what does the repository block (which contains the TraversableGenerator) do anyway? It's not mentioned in the list on the wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BlockDescriptions

Andrew.