Ralph Goers wrote:

> Well, I see blocks a little differently. For example, in the portal
> block you want to build the block independently of the portal
> configuration (at least I do).  I want the "block" available to someone
> who wants to create a portal.  They then take the portal block and tweak
> the sample site to become their own block, which is dependent on the
> portal block.  In effect, this means that samples really need to be a
> separate project from the blocks themselves.
Yes, some time ago we agreed to make own "blocks" (or whatever it is)
for the samples. So for the portal we end up in at least two modules,
the portal itself and a sample. I could imagine splitting this up into
more parts, JSR 168 support ,wsrp support, bridges support etc.

> And yes, I think building a plugin is going to be required. Also, I'm
> pretty sure a switch to maven would also mean a little bit of a change
> to the directory structure.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this to happen and I'd be willing to
> help once we agree how to do it.  I just don't think it is trivial.

Actually I think it is trivial :) If we want it I guess we can do
this in one week time. (That solution might then not be perfect but working)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/